Take the Test and Earn Your License
The Old Barney Amateur Radio Club hosts VE sessions on the first Tuesday of the month starting at 6:30 PM, followed by our monthly business meeting at 7:30pm, at the Ocean Acres Community Center, 489 Nautilus Blvd, Manahawkin, NJ 08050.*
What to bring:
- Two forms of identification, one of which MUST be a photo ID such as a driver’s license or school ID, the other can be something with the same name such as a credit card.
- A $15 fee for the VE session.
- A calculator if you want to use one, it must be non-programmable.
- If you’re upgrading, the original or an official FCC copy of your current license which remains with your application.
Although walk-ins are allowed we would appreciate if you call to let us know you’ll be there.
For information or to let us know you’ll be there, please contact Urb LeJeune W1UL at (609) 937-5487 or email@example.com.
If you take a VE test, please consider staying for a meeting. If you choose to become an OBARC member you don’t pay dues for the first year.
*Please note, the VE session and regular meeting are frequently held at a different location in June and November.
Need Help Preparing?
An excellent source of study material is W1UL’s ham-cram.com website which has 4 distinguishing characteristics:
- Incorrect answers are not studied
- Only the questions most likely on the test are studied
- It’s the quickest path to a license or upgrade
- It’s free